Sunday, December 16, 2012

Have a Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Christmas!

Best BFF ever!
After Alex gave me this early Christmas present of a glass TARDIS ornament, I decided to go ahead with a Doctor Who themed Christmas Tree this year. We started on Weeping Angel tree toppers (still in progress), inspired by this tutorial by Cynthia at The Creative Crossing. I'll post pictures of those once they're finished.

Since I only had time to make a few ornaments, I filled up the rest of the tree with "TARDIS Blue" glass ornaments, stuck random doctor who toys into the tree (like my blue dalek, wind-up weeping angel, and 11th doctor sonic screwdriver) and then topped off the tree with a fez and a bowtie!

Here are a couple of the ornaments I made. The adipose are made of Sculpey and the Van Gogh TARDIS exploding is decoupaged onto a glass ornament. After being approached about selling the adipose ornaments, I'm trying to get an annual Doctor Who Handmade Ornament Swap going on to not only build up my Whovian ornament collection, but also to spread the crafty cheer to those looking to make their tree a bit more wibbly-wobbly or timey-wimey. Let me know if you're interested!

No comments: